Many Kirkland citizens have waited for a very long time for this day to arrive. On June 3rd, Metropolitan Market opens in Houghton (in the former location of the Houghton Market), and this foodie Mecca might just become your second home. Check it out: 27,500 square feet of culinary bliss with
- Gelatiamo gelato in the bakery;
- aromas of locally micro-roasted coffee brewing in the coffee shop;
- a full service seafood department;
- amazing charcuterie such as Salumi Salami; and
- an array of local, farmstead, and artisan cheeses.
Also discover a huge house wares department on the lower level (and team members who know a German vs. Japanese knife blade).
Alongside all this, you’ll find everyday groceries from the company that’s proudly served Seattle and Tacoma since 1971.
A special note to the many loyal Houghton Market shoppers:
Metropolitan Market has hired many of the original Houghton Market staff, so you should find some familiar faces when you visit.
Metropolitan Market Kirkland is located at Houghton Center, 10611 NE 68th