Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the 10th Annual Turkey Trot event to be held on Sunday, November 21, 2010.The following roads will be closed from 1:00 p.m. until the final participant completes the course at approximately 1:20 p.m.:
- Eastbound and westbound lanes of Kirkland Avenue from Lake Shore Plaza Drive to Lake Street South
- Southbound lane of Lake Street South from Kirkland Avenue to 5th Avenue South
Commuters should watch for increased pedestrian traffic on the following roads from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.:
- Lake Street South from Kirkland Avenue to Lake Washington Blvd.
- Lake Washington Blvd. from Lake Street South to Lakeview Drive
- Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street South to Lake Shore Plaza Drive
This event, hosted by Hopelink, draws more than 750 participants and raises money to provide assistance to low-income families in east and north King County. For event information go to www.hope-link.org. For special event permit information contact, Sudie Elkayssi, Special Projects Coordinator, City of Kirkland Parks & Community, 425-587-3347.