Kirkland Storm Update #1: Road Crews Plowing Priority Streets
Recreation programs cancelled; City Hall & Court open
Since midnight, Kirkland Public Works road maintenance crews have been plowing priority streets including those near Evergreen Hospital, significant arterials that run north and south or lead to/from I-405, and roadways that are transit routes and lead to schools and fire stations. To view the snow/ice priority route map, go to www.ci.kirkland.wa.us. There are no road closures at this time.
Status of City Services
- City Hall is open until 5 p.m. today.
- Kirkland Municipal Court is open until 4:30 p.m. today.
- City recreation programs (day and evening) are cancelled today.
- Building inspections will occur where it is safe to travel. Applicants will be notified of any rescheduled inspections.
Service Provider Contact Information
- For garbage/recycling collection questions: Waste Management, Inc., 1-800-592-9995
- To report power outages: Puget Sound Energy, 1-888-225-5773
- To report hazardous road conditions within Kirkland city limits: 425-587-3900
- Commercial and residential property owners are reminded that they are responsible for keeping sidewalks clear of snow and other debris in front of their homes and businesses.
- To help reduce flooding when the snow melts, property owners are encouraged to clear storm drains of snow and debris.
- To assist the Water Division in service response, property owners are asked to clear water meters of snow and other debris.