PSE is conducting meetings to determine the route of new power transmission lines to run through Juanita and Kingsgate / Evergreen Hill neighborhoods
Puget Sound Energy (PSE) is planning to run new 115 kilovolt power transmission lines from Sammamish to Juanita and their advisory group is having the first of a series of meetings to determine the route tonight in Kirkland at the Baymont Inn & Suites from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The power transmission lines will run from the new Juanita Substation over to a Sammamish Substation located along Willows Road. The Totem Lake and Kingsgate/Evergreen Hill areas lie between the two substations.
Readers may recall the controversy surrounding the Juanita Substation from March of 2010.
Thursday – September 29, 2011 Baymont Inn & Suites in Kirkland 5:30pm to 8:00pm
A discussion of why these new lines are needed will take place at this meeting.
The agenda for the meeting can be found here: http://files.meetup.com/1283795/PSE_SammJuan_Agenda%20092911.pdf
Project Overview: Puget Sound Energy (PSE) is planning a new 115 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to provide additional system capacity and improve system reliability to meet customers’ current and future energy needs in Redmond and Kirkland. The new line is anticipated to be approximately 4 miles in length running from the Sammamish substation in Redmond to or near the Juanita substation in Kirkland.
Project Advisory Group Members:
- Wilson Anhar, Aegis Lodge
- Dirk Lakin, Aerojet
- Linda Murphy, City of Kirkland – Parks and Community Services
- Rob Jammerman, City of Kirkland – Public Works
- Eric McConaghy, City of Redmond – Planning and Community Development
- Jean Rice, City of Redmond
- Lynda Haneman, Evergreen Hill Neighborhood
- Lavon Weighall, Evergreen Hospital
- Ron Parker, Greater Kirkland Chamber of Commerce
- Danielle Lynch, Greater Redmond Chamber of Commerce
- Don Schmitz, North Rose Hill Neighborhood
- Mary Dunphy, Juanita Neighborhoods
- Andy Swayne, Puget Sound Energy
- Cindy Jayne, Sustainable Redmond
- Tom Matthews, Willows Rose Hill Neighborhood
Purpose of the advisory group: The purpose of the project stakeholder advisory group is to collaborate with PSE to develop possible community-acceptable alternatives, as well as help PSE better understand the community issues to consider as they make the alignment decision on a route that will meet the needs of PSE’s customers, the local community and PSE.