Expect minor delays on Kirkland Ave. from Third St. to Kirkland Way
DELAYED - Pavement Grinding and Paving on Kirkland Ave. (Third Street to Kirkland Way) Pavement work scheduled from January 17 – 19, has been delayed due to weather. Crew anticipate resuming grinding the roadway and paving Kirkland Ave. from Third St. to Kirkland Way on January 23. Work hours will be from 9 am to 4 pm. Parking restrictions will be in place and traffic will be reduced to one lane. Flaggers will be available to assist drivers through the work zone. Expect intense noise associated with the pavement grinding.
What work will the contractor be doing?
Crews will be grinding six inches of pavement and will then follow with a temporary asphalt layer. This work will start on Kirkland Avenue near Third Street and will move east to Kirkland Way. Note that crews will return in early spring to complete the final paving layer when all forcemain work is complete.
In order to complete this work, the contractor will require limitations to street parking and lane restrictions. There will be signed detours and flaggers to assist drivers and pedestrians through the area. Access will be maintained to all businesses and residences. When work is occurring directly in front of driveways, the contractor will work with the residences/businesses to manage access.
Traffic revisions coming to Kirkland Avenue
In order to safely and efficiently complete work, traffic revisions on Kirkland Avenue will be required.
- Crews will maintain one lane; flaggers will assist vehicles alternating through the roadway from 9 am – 4 pm.
- Parking will be restricted in the work area from 7 am – 6 pm.
What to expect
- Parking restrictions will be in place near the proposed work locations.
- Lane restrictions on Kirkland Avenue from Third Street to Kirkland Way.
- Plan for extra travel time when driving through the work zone.
- Door hanger notifications when driveway impacts are anticipated.
- Traffic control, including cones, signs and flaggers, will be used to manage traffic flow and local access.
- Intense noise associated with roadway grinding during work hours.
- Noise and other activity typical of a construction site: work crews, dust, trucks, construction materials, heavy machinery, and excavation equipment.
- Questions? 24-hour project information hotline, 206-205-9196