The National Weather Service’s winter storm warning remains in effect in the Puget Sound lowlands and other vicinities until 8 p.m. this evening. Weather conditions are expected to turn to rain tomorrow. Residents should be prepared for possible local flooding conditions. The City of Kirkland offers the following updates:
Road and Sidewalk Maintenance; Road Closures
- City Road Maintenance crews are concentrating their efforts to plow the “first priority” roadways as defined in thePriority Snow Removal Route” map.
- NE 52nd Street between Lake Washington Boulevard and 108th Avenue is closed.
- NE 97th Street between 112th Avenue NE and 110th Avenue NE is closed.
- 5th Avenue between Lake Street South and State Street South is closed.
- 5th Place between 15th Avenue and 18th Avenue is closed.
- NE 104th Street between 113th Court NE and 111th Avenue NE is closed.
- Several steep slope roads are currently closed; including the side streets off of Market Street from 10th Avenue north to 19th Avenue
- Property owners adjacent to sidewalks are responsible for keeping them clear of snow and debris.
- Road hazards within Kirkland can be reported to the 24/hour Public Works Maintenance Line at 425-587-3900.
Garbage/Recycling Collection Service Cancelled for Wednesday, January 18
- Waste Management has cancelled its services in Kirkland for today. Customers should check Waste Management’s “Weatherboard” for collection service notices and updates at http://wmnorthwest.com/weatherboard.html or call 800-592-9995.
City and Neighborhood Associations Meetings Cancelled for Wednesday, January 18
- The Library Board Meeting scheduled is cancelled.
- The Evergreen Hill Neighborhood Association, Highlands Neighborhood Association and Market Neighborhood Association meetings are cancelled.
City Building and Facilities Status for Wednesday, January 18
- Kirkland City Hall is open with limited staff.
- Peter Kirk Community Center is open until 3 p.m.
- North Kirkland Community Center is closed.
- Kirkland Municipal Court is closed.
- Kirkland Cemetery is closed until further notice.
City Service and Program Cancellations for Wednesday, January 18
- All City recreation programs and classes are cancelled for today. Call the City Recreation Hotline at 425-587-3335 for updates.
The City of Kirkland will issue storm updates as new impacts to services, programs, and meetings are known. To receive storm updates via email, subscribe to the “News Room” list serv at www.kirklandwa.gov/ebulletins.